Fortel/1072 | B46 1NU
Company Description : Fortel is the largest Midlands based supplier of agency labour to the UK construction industry, providing contractors with pre-briefed, compliant teams formed of trusted and skilled workers for construction and key infrastructure projects.
Fortel are sourcing experienced Slinger Signaller to work on the HS2 Infrastructure project. You will be an integral part of the heavy civils team across the midland's element of HS2 at the N1 and N2 alignments. A 5-year project, 2022 sees a major upturn in delivery intensity and a great opportunity for individuals to progress their careers and shape our sustainable transport infrastructure.
The slinger signaller will act as the eyes and ears of the crane operator, who is likely to have an obstructed view of their surroundings. This obstructed view increases the risks involved with loading, lifting and generally operating the crane and so they need the slinger signaller to communicate via a series of hand signals to assist with manoeuvres. In addition, they must maintain a clean working environment
Skills and attributes desirable:
· Working knowledge of on construction sites.
· Knowledge of using the standard hand signals used by slinger signallers
· Able to provide two checkable references of previous work.
· Good physical condition.
· Familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures.
· Capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely.
· A full understanding of typical duties required for Slinger Signaller, working to instruction with minimal supervision, ability to work with others and helping tradesman and chargehands
· Driving license (desirable but not essential)
Please note, a valid CPCS Blue/NPORS card is a mandatory requirement for all candidates
If you think you can contribute positively to our winning team, please apply by completing the online application or call Soumya - 07964920260
Fortel is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on our website.