Explore positions at Fortel
Fortel/1076 | BIRMINGHAM
Role: ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, PSV Plant
Rate: Competitive rates & excellent overtime rates (PAYE Only)
Fortel are sourcing experienced Electrical Supervisor in PSV plant to work on the HS2 Infrastructure project. You will be an integral part of the heavy civils team across the midland's element of HS2 at the N1 and N2 alignments. A 5-year project, 2022 sees a major upturn in delivery intensity and a great opportunity for individuals to progress their careers and shape our sustainable transport infrastructure.
To be considered you must have:
· Time served indentured apprenticeship.
· 10+ years’ experience as an Approved Electrician
· 5+ Years as a supervisor
· 2391or equivalent C&G testing qualification
Duties include (but not limited to):
Health, Safety & Environmental
· Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and encourages others to work safely through training, briefings and by his self-exemplarity
· Be familiar with the requirements defined in the Safety and Health at Work
· Attends near miss/accident investigations when regards equipment.
· Ensures that all persons associated to his activities are briefed on the RAMS
· Educates and empowers his personnel and subcontractors on the importance of stopping any activity if any discrepancy with the basic procedure is identified
· Coordinates with supply chain and procurement team, familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants, ensure safety and all HSE guidelines.
· Sets targets in line with project objectives and monitors performance
· Carries out periodic Safety & Environment tours as required by the project H&S Plan
· Participates in accident/incident investigations.
· Appraises improvement options and leads action/instigates as appropriate
· Leads periodic risk reviews and takes output forward to the Project Risk Register
· Keeps up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to his team
· Participates in H&S committee on a regular basis to consult workers and engage with them to promote and develop effective measures to secure Health, Safety and welfare
· Handles daily maintenance coordination
· Handles/coordinates installation on PSV electrical elements.
· Flexible with time to work out of normal hours and some weekends to supervise, inspections, tests, PPM, repairs or to solve urgent breakdown issues to ensure the least possible downtime to critical plant and equipment.
· Keeps accurate records.Gives support to the delivery team
Why work with us?
· 30 days annual leave
· Individual training and mentoring opportunities
· Successful applicants will need to attend BBV HS2 induction prior to starting
· For the right applicant this is a long-term opportunity
· Be part of one of the UK's largest, and most exciting construction projects!
If you think you can contribute positively to our winning team, please apply by completing the online application or call 07956466604/07964920260
Fortel is an equal opportunity employer. We put people first and believe that by doing so, we are able to provide the highest quality service, while helping our workforce develop and strengthen skills to create sustainable careers.